Value-Driven & Adaptive Planning WorkshopDate: July 23 - 24, 2018
The accelerated rate of change brought about by the volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous nature of today's world requires a value driven, iterative, and adaptive approach to requirements and planning.
This popular, hands-on workshop offers participants the first-hand knowledge, experience, and confidence to tackle the requirements and planning of products, solutions, and services using an Agile, value driven and adaptive approach. This 2-day experiential journey has participants working through a real-world problem to learn creative, collaborative and engaging techniques to take it from a vision to valuable outcomes - using short feedback loops and an adaptive, iterative and incremental approach.
- Explore how to take a value driven approach to ensure faster time to market and customer delight.
- Recognize the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner and Business Analyst in discovering and communicating value.
- Identify the Product Ownership model that may be best suited for your organization.
- Articulate how an adaptive planning approach affects all layers of the planning cycle.
- Learn how to effectively elicit requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Practice effective planning techniques from vision to defining incremental value iteratively.
- Develop the shared vision of the project / product.
- Understand Users and Customers needs and wants using Personas and empathy mapping
- Develop the product backlog using Impact Mapping & Story Mapping.
- Uncover models to help with prioritization and tradeoffs.
- Define an MVP and incremental value delivery.
- Progressively elaborate on user stories in a just in time manner.
- Incorporate effective feedback loops to ensure you are building the right thing.
- Apply effective techniques to manage and track discovery work.