Rise of the Rest $100K Pitch Competition - Space Coast AreaDate: April 30, 2019
Where and when are the tour stops? *specific pitch competition venues will be announced at a later date
- Monday, April 29 | Orlando, FL
- Tuesday, April 30 | Space Coast, FL
- Wednesday, May 1 | Tampa Bay, FL
- Thursday, May 2 | Miami, FL
Where does my startup need to be headquartered?
Typically, your startup has to be based within a 100-mile radius of one of our tour stop cities. This year, we are making three exceptions:
- Orlando & Northern FL cities: For our pitch competition in Orlando (4/29), startups based in Gainesville, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville are also eligible to apply. If you live in one of these cities, please select ‘Orlando’ from the drop down when selecting the city in which you are applying to pitch.
- San Juan & Puerto Rico: For our tour stop in San Juan (5/3), startups from anywhere in Puerto Rico are eligible to apply.
- Space Coast: For our Space Coast pitch competition (4/30), startups located anywhere in the United States and its territories are invited to apply provided the company has a core focus that relates to space, drone, or aviation technologies or adjacent focus areas that support them or take advantage of associated data (see more below). Startups based in Florida who fit this description are also eligible to apply for the Space Coast day.
Note: you may only apply to pitch in one city. Since Tampa Bay and Orlando are located inside 100 miles from one another, you may choose either city. There is no advantage to applying in one city versus another.
What types of startups can apply?
All innovative startups are encouraged to apply. Applicants for our Orlando, Tampa Bay, Miami, and San Juan competitions are not limited to a single sector or industry. Past finalists have included (but not limited to) startups focused on: GovTech, FoodTech, SportsTech, AgTech, AI, IoT, Healthcare, UrbanTech and more.
Our pitch competition in Space Coast will be open to companies whose core focus relates to space, drone, or aviation technologies or adjacent focus areas that support them or take advantage of associated data. We are looking for companies from around the United States that are working on innovative ideas and business models that address critical problems relating to these industries, their partners and their customers.
Companies working in the space, drone, or aviation technology sectors may have any of the following focus areas:
- AI and Autonomous Robotic Capabilities
- Intelligent Machines
- Force and Tactile Sensors
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Advancements
- Flexible Materials
- Energy Storage Density Improvement
- Radiation — Protection, Mitigation, and Hardware
- Power Efficient Technologies
- Next-generation Jet Propulsion Systems
- Satellite Imagery and/or Data
- Satellite Constellation Construction
This list is non-exhaustive, so if you are working on another breakthrough, feel free to apply for a chance to pitch our investment team in Space Coast.
When is the application deadline?
Monday, March 11, 2019 by 11:59 PM EST